This is my action plan to continue to declutter in April. I am a BIG fan of lists and suggestions on how to declutter, especially lists which will get you through a lot of decluttering in for instance 30 days. However, I’ve come to realise that we rarely manage to carry out lists like this, as we spend a lot of weekends away.
However, I do think that making a plan and having a list to cross off will help me out in the process of decluttering. Part of what I find most difficult is getting rid of furniture and larger items, and in general getting things out of the house.
The picture I have chosen for this blog post, illustrates how I feel about my home these days. Overly stuffed with things, which shouldn’t be here. However, that WILL change.
To get more things out of the house, I will rename Tuesday Trash and Transfer Tuesday. On Tuesdays, I will try to gather clothes, trash and other things that needs to be moved out of the house to recycling points, second hand shops etc and actually take the time to get these things there.
In addition I want to sort out the following:
- Give away white shirts and black suit (planned to give to theatre group)
- The kids’ clothes: purge / donate
- Winter clothes – make a box to go to attic
- Get rid of 3 items which I find hard to say goodbye to
- Sell black coat and skirt (mine)
- Purge toys downstairs
- Get rid of dresser upstairs (give away)
- Dissemble linen closet and get rid of it
- Declutter / remove at least one box under the bed
- Start organising hobby cupboard downstairs
Furthermore, I am considering getting rid of more dressers, or wedding china (or parts of it) and I dream of tearing down my kitchen cupboards. However, this is the more challenging tasks, which I don’t think will be realistic to complete in April. But if I manage more than on the list above, that will definitely be a bonus.
Have you got an action plan for your decluttering?
I will try to post some updates on the progress as I start.
Lots of love,